Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Fun and Humble Pie

We had a great time yesterday at the Memorial Day gathering of some friends hosted by Marty and Mindy Graverson's. Kudos to Dan Weiss for taking some great pictures of our daughter and posting them here on his blog.

What's a great Memorial Day get together without great food, right? We definitely had plenty of great food yesterday at the Graversons! Little did I know that I would soon be eating one monster piece of humble pie when it came to the Couples Badminton Tournament.

Let me tell you, you'd be hard pressed to find a worse badminton performance in the history of the world than the one I had yesterday. Here were some lame excuses that went through my mind for why I performing so poorly for Team Thompson...

(1) The sun was in my eyes
(2) I need glasses
(3) I had a hole in my racket
(4) The wind was blowing too hard

In the end, any way you slice this piece of humble pie, you come to the same conclusion: I stink at badminton! I only dream of being as good as these guys...




No comments: