1. The consensus favorite ride among Junior Highers at Kalahari Waterpark was affectionately known as the "Toilet Bowl".2. The funniest tweet posted was from Senior High Camp came by JanellePrenkert: "Just had 3 boys from a kid's camp come up to me and ask if I was one of the weird people. Apparently sitting at a table is weird."
3. "Best Camp Cook Ever" Award goes to Cathy Miller. She's cooked at Junior High Camp for 3 years now and this year actually stuck around and cooked for Senior High Camp as well. That's a lot of cook'in!
4. When asked for a quote to use in our upcoming Student Ministries Monthly, one student (who shall remain anonymous), said that their favorite part of camp was "riding the toilet bowl with (Pastor) Chris and (Pastor) Jason." Never thought I'd hear that statement before camp started!
5. This year's camp shirt may have been one of my least favorite but we saved a lot of money by going with one color for all the camps which is a winner!
5. This year's camp shirt may have been one of my least favorite but we saved a lot of money by going with one color for all the camps which is a winner!
6. We have over 100 students signed up for Preteen Camp this year which takes place August 5-7 at Camp Crosley in North Webster. That's a record!
7. The tweet that got me the most fired up came from Derry Prenkert at 12:03 a.m.: "just now clearing the tent of students. the move was that significant. i just heard a student scream "I WANT IT" out over the lake."
8. In the short time I was at Junior High Camp, the only footwear I brought (sandals) fell apart. To add insult to injury, my sandal fell apart as I was losing in the final round of a camp game to one of the female leaders! At least we had duck tape to put my sandal back together, at least temporarily.
No comments:
Post a Comment