While watching the news recently, my interest was sparked when the following book was referenced. Having spent almost 11 years in youth ministry, I have seen a lot of trends come and go.One of the growing trends of late, is how out-of-balance many parents seem to be when it comes to getting their kids involved in sports. Thus, Mark Hyman's book "Until It Hurts: America's Obsession with Youth Sports and How It Harms Our Kids"is one book that I hope to have a chance to read soon.
1 comment:
as someone who's coached junior highers for the last 16 years, I'd be interested in reading it, also...things sure have changed in that time.
And, also, the most important thing I've learned in my time in coaching is what kind of dad I DON'T want to be...and that's kinda sad, isn't it?
With more and more things to be involved in, many now scheduling on the once forbidden times of Wednesday night and Sundays, too many families are making the choice to put sports ahead of time with God...and that sets an awful example.
(*stepping down off my soapbox...sorry*)
I look forward to your review of it!
Post a Comment