Ever since my daughter Haley heard the first lawnmower start-up this spring, she hasn't stopped saying the phrase "mo-mo." Everything she hears that sounds remotely like the sound of a lawnmower, she's saying "mo-mo." Anything from a plane flying overhead to my 1997 Honda Accord (bad muffler). In fact, it's not just the sound of lawnmowers that gets her attention.
The other day she spotted the mere handle bars to our neighbors lawnmower who lives several houses a way and she began pointing and yelling "mo-mo, mo-mo!" She also now does the same in her favorite book "If You Give a Pig a Pancake." There's a picture of a mower on one of the later pages in the book. I've decided the only way to make it all the way through the book is to skip that page.
Why do I share all this? Through Haley's daily if not hour fascination with lawnmowers, I've been reminded a particular Biblical Truth.
There was another person in human history who was obsessed with pointing people towards something they thought was pretty great. But instead of it being Haley's obsession with a lawnmower, what I'm reminded of is John the Baptist's obsession with pointing people to Jesus.
Every where he went, John the Baptist was preparing the way for and pointing people towards Jesus. It was his life mission. It should be our life mission as well. Every time I hear my daughter say "mo-mo" I'm reminded of the part I've been given to play in pointing people to Jesus with every opportunity I'm given.
No comments:
Post a Comment