Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Preteen Camp is Here!

Beginning tomorrow morning through Friday afternoon we'll hold our Preteen Summer Camp at Camp Crosley in North Webster, IN. About 115 students and leaders will be taking part in this year's camp. This year's camp theme, like the Junior High and Senior High camps, is "ONE."

I'd greatly appreciate your prayers for us. I will be doing the speaking. Chris Lehane has done a great job of putting together this year's camp. Besides running point, Chris will also be leading the worship band at camp. Here are some ways you can be praying for us over the next 3 days ...

1. Pray for the weather. It's suppose to be hot with a chance of rain/storms. Pray that the weather would not hinder what the Lord wants to do.

2. Pray for all the details (transportation, health, safety, sound/band equipment)

3. Pray for authentic Christ-focused community where students find acceptance and a place of belonging.

4. Pray for unity - Pray that during our times together in teams competing students would have fun and that barriers/cliches would be broken down and would result in an incredible Christ-centered unity among our students.

5. Pray for myself as I do the speaking at camp. Pray that I would be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and clearly hear His voice.

6. Pray for Chris Lehane that he would have wisdom and discernment as he leads the camp.

7. Pray that students would have life-transforming experiences. Pray that the Word of God would come alive to students (Hebrews 4:12). Pray that students move away from religion to an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.

8. Pray against the enemies distractions (sound issues, rebellion, family strife leading into camp, etc.)

1 comment:

Maddie & Grandee said...

Madison,

I hope your have a great week at Preteen Camp. Stay cool, stay dry! I am praying that you will have a meaningful experience with your Best Friend. Remember He loves you and so does your Grandee!