With Rachael set to return to teaching in about a week, we saw this weekend as our last chance for just the two of us to get some time away before a new school year gets underway. Rachael's parents we're more than excited to watch Haley for the weekend. The weekend was filled with a number of firsts ...(1) First trip to Silver Beach in St. Joe, Michigan. Great place. Can't believe we haven't been there before. I'd say it's our new favorite place to go on Lake Michigan. Small, family friendly beach town.
(2) Kilwins - An ice cream / fudge eatery that is a must visit when going to Silver Beach. While it's a chain store, there are only rough 50 of them in the U.S. with the vast majority in Michigan and Florida.
(3) Bourne - Over the last 4 days, Rachael & I watched all 3 of the Bourne movies (I had only see Bourne Identity before). A GREAT trilogy! Everything I like in a movie: action, suspense, non-fiction, strategy, etc. We watched Bourne Identity Thursday night. Then we spent parts of both Friday and Saturday searching local video stores for the Bourne Supremacy (I was kicking myself after realizing I had deleted it from our DVR). After getting our hands on what seemed like must have been the last available copy in northern Indiana, we finally found one. Then this afternoon we went and saw the Bourne Ultimatum at the theater. I really enjoyed all three movies!The bottom line: A short and simple yet very enjoyable weekend get-a-way with my wife and best friend! I come away determined to make such weekends with my wife more frequent in my all-to- busy schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment