Monday, October 1, 2012

Life is hard. But, take heart, Jesus has overcome the world!

I hope to begin blogging on a regular basis again. While I'll definitely share from my personal life, a big part of this blog moving forward is going to be me sharing with you many of the most helpful and inspiring readings I've come across.

This first post is from one of the blogs I follow faithfully ...Refine Us by Justin & Trisha Davis. Justin & Trisha are passionate about helping marriages thrive. They use their story of pain, loss and redemption to bring hope and healing to couples all over the country. Their blog is one of my favorites.


By Justin & Trisha Davis on their blog ... Refine Us

"Why are we surprised when life gets hard? Life has problems. Relationships are destined for conflict. Financial stability is never guaranteed.

For some reason, we assume life with God means life with ease. That isn’t the case at all.

Friendship is hard.

Marriage is hard.

Integrity is hard.

Parenting is hard.

Leading is hard.

Family dynamics are hard.

What I’m reminded of today is a transformational truth: God never promised easy, He promised His presence. God never promised comfort, He promised to be comforting.'

Jesus said “In this world you will have trouble, but take heart, I have overcome the world.”

Life is hard."

Click here to continue reading.

No comments: