
As I make my transition this summer from the Student Ministries team to the Adult Ministries team at NMC, I thought I would take some time to share a few parting thoughts with the parents of the preteens and teens at NMC from my 10 years of experience in youth ministry at Nappanee Missionary Church...
If there is nothing else you hear me say please hear this: Based on my first-hand experience of helping lead NMC Student Ministries Summer Camps for the past 10 years, what happens at these camps has the distinct possibility to change and/or set your child’s spiritual tradjectory for a life-time!
I had a conversation with the dad of two girls in our ministry a couple of years ago. He had just attended his first ever NMC camp as a volunteer. I had the chance to chat with him as he was getting in his car to head home following a week of counseling at our Senior High Camp.
I asked him a general question, something to the effect of, “So, how was it?” And his response was something along the lines of, “Wow, I thought all you guys did was go to Cedar Point and have a bunch of fun! I didn’t realize you had worship services and had kids spend time alone with God…”
I had a conversation with the dad of two girls in our ministry a couple of years ago. He had just attended his first ever NMC camp as a volunteer. I had the chance to chat with him as he was getting in his car to head home following a week of counseling at our Senior High Camp.
I asked him a general question, something to the effect of, “So, how was it?” And his response was something along the lines of, “Wow, I thought all you guys did was go to Cedar Point and have a bunch of fun! I didn’t realize you had worship services and had kids spend time alone with God…”
All I could think in that moment was that I wished every parent could have experienced what that dad had just experienced for the past 5 days. I’m convinced that if the majority of NMC parents could attend just one Student Ministries camp that they would be blown away by what they experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment