Thursday, September 24, 2009

Remembering Aleigha - Part III

As we approach this Sunday, September 27, the day Aleigha was scheduled to be born, I will share with you several blog entries that are from a journal entry I did titled, "Ways God Has Blessed Us In the Midst of Our Pain & Grief." These are things I wrote down during the week we learned of Aleigha's earthly fate, her birth, her death and her burial. These are things I wanted to remember and want to share with you so that you can see God's goodness as he worked in our situation.

"Ways God Has Blessed Us In the Midst of Our Pain & Grief"

15. The idea the Lord gave me on a whim to put together a prayer list to put on my blog and then to see how God used that to help people know how to pray for us. Based on the responses I got, it seemed to be a very Holy Spirit driven thing and something that really helped others know how to specifically pray for us.

16. The Lord gave Rachael the idea for us to encourage people to give to the AGC Baby Center in Aleigha’s name as a way to help bring significance to her life. The last I knew, several hundred dollars had been given.

17. The songs the Lord gave to us that brought us comfort, hope and healing during this past week, particular “Desert Song” from Hillsong."



18. An acquaintance of mine who dropped off a book at our house for Rachael to read. His wife was given this same book after she had a miscarriage. He said it really helped her through her own grief process. She read it often he said and they wanted us to have it hoping that it would help Rachael in her healing process as well. I was particularly moved by his thoughtfulness because we didn’t really know each other that well.

19. I believe the Lord used this event in our lives to give Rachael and me a chance for our faith to shine bright to those around us, especially to those who needed the Lord the most.

20. The mid-wives and nurses at Goshen General Hospital were a God-send. I could tell that they were really moved by our situation. They cared for us beyond any expectations we could have had. I trust they saw a peace in us that went beyond explanation and that they were impacted by this. The mid-wife we had for the delivery, Patti, was amazing. Our nurses were angels!

21. The delivery went very fast once Rachael started having contractions. She went from 2 cm to 5 cm to 8 cm in literally the course of an hour. Once we got to 8 cm, they broke her water and Aleigha literally just slide out without Rachael having to push at all. The fact that Rachael didn’t have to agonize through hours of labor was a huge blessing!

No comments: