While I'm not necessarily a fan of Kanye West's music, I was moved by his honesty and vulnerability when he was asked about the incident at the VMA's with Taylor Swift on the Jay Leno Show last night. While taking full responsibility and appearing very broken by the whole ordeal, I found the following words by Kanye to be particularly poignant..."Obviously, I deal with hurt, and so many celebrities, they never take the time off, and I never took the time off, really," West explained. "I've really never taken the time off. It's been music after music and tour after tour. And I'm just ashamed my hurt caused someone else hurt." He went on to say, "I have to analyze how I'm gonna make it through the rest of this life and improve," he said.
I have to believe that these words are a window into the heart of a society that is driven by busyness, putting up a good facade and material possessions. I wonder how many of us, even as Christ-followers, if we were honest with ourselves, would be guilty of the same thing as Kanye West: choosing to be busy so we don't have to deal with our own issues, failing to manage our hearts well, allowing our neglected pain to hurt others. I know, at times, I would be guilt as charged!
No comments:
Post a Comment