Friday, July 31, 2009

COOL STORY #2

On Wednesday we went 2 the nursing home 2 visit my great uncle who is dying of cancer. It's difficult 2 see someone who used 2 be so strong, now so weak that he can't even speak.

I've always liked my uncle Carl. Growing up, we'd always go to his & my aunt Eleanor's house on Christmas Day for a big family gathering.

Carl could be called what many would refer to as a real "man's man". I remember him being a tough guy on the outside while underneath being a real big teddy bear.

Spiritually, I don't think Carl was ever really interested in a relationship w/Christ. I think he always struggled w/the concept of needing help, including needing 2 have his sins forgiven by a loving God.

Over the years, I have prayed a lot for my uncle Carl, that God would soften his heart & bring him 2 the point of seeing his need 4 a Savior.

According 2 my aunt, Aleigha's death had a big impact on Carl. On Wednesday, I had the chance 2 talk 2 Carl again about Christ & 2 pray w/him to receive Christ! Isn't God awesome?

This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

Note: To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Already, Aleigha's life and passing has saved a soul! Praise the Lord!