The other night, while watching the movie, "The Guardian," I think I may have come across the coolest motto I've ever heard of. It's simple yet profound and as I follower of Jesus has a double-meaning.The Coast Guard Rescue Swimmers' motto is ... "So Others May Live."
The more I processed this statement, the more significance I found it to have. What if I were to live my life by that same motto? What if I were to take a perspective on life that the entire reason I'm here is "so others may live." And not just to be rescued physically so that they may live temporarily but that they would be saved spiritually so that they may live eternally.
In the words of Jesus, "But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Matthew 20:26-28)
In the words of Jesus, "But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Matthew 20:26-28)
I think the Coast Guard is on to something. They may have unknowingly done the best job of summing up the Gospel in 4 words as anyone ever has.
Maybe my life motto should be...
"To live physically so that others may live spiritually."
No comments:
Post a Comment