At my appointment this afternoon with Dr. Downs regarding the fractures I sustained over the weekend to my face, he informed me that basically what I had done was dislocate my cheekbone. If I understood him correctly, there are 3 points of connection between the cheek bone and the rest of the facial bones. I basically fractured all 3 of those contact point which led to the dislocation of the cheekbone.
He said I basically have 2 options...
(1) Do nothing and live the rest of my life with a noticeable deformity on the right side of my face, something that will only become more noticeable over time as the swelling continues to go down.
(2) Undergo surgery to have my broken right cheekbone reset back into it's normal place. This would be a fairly simple procedure all things considered and would involve only a short recovery period.
It didn't take much time to decide that I didn't want to live the rest of my life with a dislocated cheekbone that would look noticeably weird and according to Dr. Downs could possibly lead to other physical complications down the line.
I will be having surgery with Dr. Downs at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday at Elkhart General Hospital to have my cheekbone put back into place. As a precaution against infection, I will be spending the night in the hospital Thursday night and hopefully being discharged by early Friday afternoon.
2 comments:
We will definatly keep you in Prayer.
Berkey
This is serious. Whoa. I kind-of like your new look, but if you insist on plastic surgery, I will stand by you. Just promise me when I have plastic surgery, you will stand by me and not think I am vain. Just kidding. Like Curt would ever let me spend that kind-of money for a tummy tuck!
Post a Comment