Thought #9: Surprisingly, the world didn't stop when I did. This was a good healthy reminder not to take myself too seriously and never to think more highly of myself than I should.
Thought: 10: My dad joked right before the surgery (I think trying to calm his nerves more than mine), that I was going to come out of surgery looking like Brad Pitt. So after the surgery when I first saw myself in the mirror, I just had to chuckle thinking back to that comment. I told the Doctor that I must have received the wrong surgery because I looked a lot more like the Elephant Man than Brad Pitt.
Thought #11: Being reduced to wearing only a hospital gown leaves one feeling quite humble.
Thought #12: I appreciated Pastor Dave’s honest reaction when he graciously stopped by the house to see how I was doing shortly after I got home from the hospital Friday night. I believe the first word out of his mouth when he saw my very swollen face was either “Wow!” or "Whoa!" I had to laugh because I new I looked that bad. Yet, I had already had a few others who visited me in the hospital try to convince me that I didn’t look all that bad. I knew the truth!
Thought #13: I can honestly say that I never once felt nervous or scared leading up to the surgery with possibly one very last second exception. I laid wide awake on the operating room table just before being given the anestetic that would put me to sleep. There was something a little earie about watching the nurse arrange the medical utensils that would probably be used on me at some point during the operation.
No comments:
Post a Comment