Friday, June 1, 2007

My "Cub" Experience

I took a 1/2 day vacation on Wednesday to go to a Cubs game in Chicago. I'm a life-long Cubs fan which means I spent most of the baseball season in agony and frustration. However, on this day I was pumped about going to my first ever night game at Wrigley Field and the opportunity to hang out with a fellow middle school pastor and friend, Brandon Smith, who lives in one of the suburbs on the north side of the city.

Now looking back on the whole experience, I'm glad I had hanging out with Brandon and a night game at Wrigley to fall back on because the game itself was HORRIBLE! I'm not sure I've ever felt that I've gotten more ripped off at a professional event of any kind (sporting event, musical, movie, etc.) then I did Wednesday night. The Cubs lost 9-0. I can't remember one moment in the game that I would say was "entertaining."

If fact, I felt like the Cubs should have reimbursed me for the $32 I spent on my ticket. No, actually I felt like the Cubs should have paid me to watch a game that had to have been more painful and boring than a junior high orchestra concert or a 7th grade girls "b" team basketball game. If you have never been to one of those functions, nothing I can tell you will help you to understand. If you have been to one, then no explanation is needed. That's how I felt after watching the Cubs game Wednesday night. If you saw the game, you know what I mean. If you didn't see it, no explanation will do it justice.

1 comment:

Chunk said...

yeah, but at least you weren't at today's painful game. now can you understand why i've chose to like some other teams?