No one would ever mistake me for a country music fan. However, I must admit in the last year or so I have begun to soften a little bit from my "country music is from the devil" stance thanks in part to groups like Rascal Flatts.
However just when I thought that there might be a little bit of redemptive value (note I said "little") in Country Music, I hear this come out of one of the performers mouths last night as Rachael & I were watching a couple of minutes of the Academy of Country Music Awards on CBS ... "Cause I'd like to see you out in the moonlight, I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks, I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers, And I'd like to check you for TICKS."
At first I wasn't sure if I heard correctly what Brad Paisley (I had to do a Google search to find out who the singer was) was singing but then I heard it again and again and as only happens in country music songs I heard it again like 42 times!
A song about ticks making it big time - only in country music! Just when I thought I might be warming up to country music ...
1 comment:
Dude,
You know you listen to Shania Twain all the time!
Post a Comment